- Reference JO-1806-101
- Job type Permanent
- Salary £8268 - £15712
Part-time and Full-time positions available for a Female Support Worker in the Hove area.
A 2 bed service for female residents, require part-time and full-time support workers.
Job Purpose : To support tenants to live valued lives within the community. This may include provision of personal, emotional, social and physical support on a shift work basis. To undertake specific additional responsibilities as part of the supported living team and at all times to work in accordance with Heritage Care’s policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Work closely with staff and tenants in promoting individual packages of care that reflect the person’s chosen lifestyle.
- Work as directed by the co-ordinator of the work area, in supporting tenants in their day to day living. Participate in training opportunities, formal and informal to gain a wide understanding of tenants’ needs and disabilities so as to facilitate their independence and choice.
- Work flexibly according to the demands of the service.
- Support tenants in leisure, education and employment services inside and outside of the home.
- Support tenants as much as possible to undertake household chores, including planning and preparing meals, to involve tenants as much as possible in maintaining the household environment.
- To assist tenants in maintaining their personal hygiene where necessary.
- Support tenants in developing and maintaining meaningful relationships.
- Be experienced and proficient in carrying out (facilitating) all aspects of the key worker role including Individual Planning.
- To take charge of the scheme in the absence of the Team Leader as required.
- To deputise for the Team Leader as required.
- To complete the Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 2 (which will be supported by Heritage Care) if not already attained (or have an equivalent qualification).
- To co-ordinate and deliver training, mentoring, coaching and development activities in the scheme under the direction of the co-ordinator. In particular to develop areas of expertise
- Following training and assessment:
- Administer medication as required in accordance with individual needs.
- To act as a key worker to a named individual tenant.
- Take charge of the home on a shift basis as a designated responsible person.
- Liaise with social and health care professionals in supporting tenants’ needs.
- Willing to complete the Care Certificate
- No particular qualifications are required but the Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 2 or related qualification would be helpful.
- Caring/supporting people with mental health support needs in a paid or voluntary capacity.
- Experience of working as part of a team at the workplace.
- Ability to undertake “sleep-ins” or “on call” duties and work flexible shift patterns including all seven days of the week 365 days per week.
Please contact Lauren Clampett at OneCall24 on 07780990644 or email Lauren.Clampett@onecall24.co.uk