- Reference ES11549
- Job type Temporary
- Location Swindon
- Salary £20-£28 per hour
- Specialism Prison Nurse
- Start date Immediate
OneCall24 are now supporting a private healthcare group with their Custody Nurse shortfalls in Swindon. We are in need of experienced RGNs who have worked in Custody Suites, Police Stations, HMP Primary Care units or A&E wards. The work is flexible as we work around your availability, the cover is needed for long days and nights which are both 12 hour shifts. As this is a private healthcare setting it is IR35 exempt which means you are able to work as PAYE or LTD company. Pay is weekly based and we offer some of the most competitive hourly pay rates in the sector. Our registration process is free of charge and hassle free, you will need to complete an additional security clearance but this is also free of charge and can be started as soon as you apply for the role.
Attending police custody to assess, document and treat detainees and determine fitness to remain in custody.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assessment/Treatment of illnesses and injuries.
· Determination of fitness to be detained in custody.
· Determination of fitness to be released.
· Determination of fitness to be charged: competent to understand charge.
· Determination to transfer, or be interviewed by the police detaining body.
· Examination and forensic sampling of adult suspects of serious crime.
· To carry out examinations in accordance with medical Services guidelines.
· All police calls should be attended without delay.
· To be available for court attendance when requested.
· To treat the detained person as a patient and make clear that no evidence can be treated in ‘confidence’.
· State registered paramedic or Registered General Nurse with at least 3-4 years post qualification experience.
· Ability to take blood samples.
· Full Driving License.
· Own vehicle.
· Experience in an autonomous/lone working role.
· A+E or practice nursing background or State registered paramedic with at least two years post registration experience.
To apply for this role please contact Etienne St Clair at OneCall24 on 03333 221 122 or email@example.com